As with previous ‘winners’ shows comedian Nicky Martyn took over the host duties from Derek Hobson, who did not appear on the panel on this occasion as he’d done for other winners shows.
The panel for the second Viewer’s Winners Final were Tony Hatch, Clifford Davis, John Smith and George Elrick.
The eight acts returning for another chance of making the Grand Final, based on viewer feedback and votes, were;
- Haz Elliot with Feeling (four-piece band) – Show 3.22
- Jim Kelly (male vocal) – Show 3.28
- Lenny Henry (comedian / impressionist) – Show 3.17 & Show 3.25
- Bruce Thompson (one-man band) – Show 3.23
- Kentucky County (three-piece group) – Show 3.21
- Peter Price (comedian) – Show 3.30
- Sounds Familiar (four-piece group) – Show 3.18
- Adrian Sinclaire (vocalist) – Show 3.32
Sixteen year-old show winner Lenny Henry was appearing for the third time this series and secured himself yet another return appearance, this time in the Grand Final, with a comedy performance that was voted top of the leaderboard by the panel.
Merseyside was again represented well, boasting two acts with comedian Peter Price and the group from Maghull, Sounds Familiar, featuring Lynda Mountain. Keith Puckie, Mike Coyne and Derek Edwards.
Following their second appearance on the show Country and Western group Kentucky County went on to record two LPs and increased their personnel to a four-piece.
One-Man Band Bruce Thompson has continued to perform his unique brand of entertainment for over 45 years after first appearing on Opportunity Knocks in 1973 and New Faces in 1975.